Decontamination: an essential step in the extermination process
If you have an infestation of rodents, raccoons or other pests in your house, make sure you call an exterminator who offers a decontamination service as well as extermination. When pest animals have been present, the urine and feces they leave behind contains parasites and other pathogens that are harmful for humans and house pets.
Call Elite Extermination to do a professional pest and rodent cleanup—we are one of the only companies in Quebec that offers a disinfection and sterilizing service after the removal of wild animals and insects from your home. We serve the Montreal area, Gatineau, Laval, Repentigny, St-Jérôme and Trois-Rivières.
Wildlife that can infest and damage your home
Our wildlife-control technicians are trained to remove and clean up after a variety of pests that commonly bother householders. In every instance, the feces and urine of these animals presents real health risks to the humans they are living near.
Insect infestations that require decontamination
Watch the subtitled video on our homepage to learn why cockroaches and other insects pose a health risk to your home. Here are some of the insects we’ve gotten rid of in Quebec homes:
- Carpenter ants
The full extermination and decontamination process
When we respond to a call for extermination or attic decontamination, we must first inspect the building from the inside and outside. We look at all possible entry points and estimate the manpower and budget required to deal with the infestation, seal the holes and clean up the mess they left behind. At this point, we can determine the extent of the damage and whether a full or partial pest cleanup and disinfection is necessary.
After our certified pest-control technician has inspected the premises, he or she will remove the animals. Depending on the kind of pest you are unwittingly hosting in your home, the complete removal may be a one-time event or it may take place over a period of days. If you have an infestation of rats, mice, bats or birds, we place traps and/or nets to catch and remove them over a foreseeable time period. To get rid of raccoons, we use mechanical traps.
3. Home sealing and prevention
Sealing up all holes and cracks is critical, as any missed openings will be the next entry point for other rodents or wild animals. Rats and mice, for instance, dribble pheromone-laden urine as they pass through such holes; their natural chemical odours serve as a trail marker for other rodents looking for ways into your house.
Microbial decontamination can be a short or long process, depending on the degree of the infestation and damage in your attic. It is important to use caution near wild animal feces and urine, as pathogens can be disturbed and move through the air like dust particles. We use Hepa-filtered vacuum cleaners, and our technicians wear masks and protective clothing suitable for hazardous bio-waste.
How we do a pest and rodent cleanup in your home
- Before microbial decontamination, the pest control technician sprays down the feces, urine and surrounding area with a moistening detergent to limit the release of airborne pathogens from the excrement. We treat all contaminated areas as though they could be harbouring animal secretions, skin oils, insects, parasites, fungus spores and disease-causing germs.
- The technician removes any dead animals and insects, as well as all contaminated residues and soft materials, such as insulation. Excrement and soiled materials are sealed in bags for immediate disposal.
- Cleaning and sterilization. Once the contaminated area has been prepared, we clean and sterilize the area with heat and Environment Canada-approved biocides, enzyme-based disinfectants and deodorants. Our primary goal is to eliminate the fleas, mites and microbes left behind by the pests. A detergent fogging technique is particularly effective for our secondary goal: removing the pheromones that bats and other wild animals use to communicate with others of their species, especially those that haven’t yet discovered the comforts of your attic.
- Reinstallation of insulation. As part of our turnkey service, if we had to remove any contaminated insulation, we replace it and restore the attic to its original state.
- The complete elimination of rodents, insects or other pest in your home depends on the preventive measures you take. Your Elite Extermination technician surveys the entirety of your home in order to remove potential nesting sites and block all possible entry points.
Don’t take a risk
As proud members of the Association Québécoise de la Gestion Parasitaire, we follow federal government regulations throughout the process. The decontamination products we use are all approved by Health Canada.
Don’t take any chances with yours or your family’s health. Visit our website Elite Decontamination to talk to a professional today!