Mouse exterminator: professional mouse extermination
Mouse infestations are common in Quebec. These small rodents can cause a great deal of damage in their search for habitable places to reproduce. You have to act quickly to get rid of them!
At Elite Pest Control, we have specialized in pest control services for more than 10 years and considerably developed our knowledge of rodents. Our mouse exterminators will implement the most effective extermination strategy to get rid of mice on a long-term basis.
If you hear nibbling noises or find small droppings, call us right away. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and will send you a professional mouse extermination expert to deal with the mice!
Our exterminators explain what to know about mice
Although children’s tales present them as friendly, almost human-like creatures, mice are not to be trusted and have nothing to do with the domesticated white mouse.
Here are their main attributes:
- Family: The mouse, Mus musculus in Latin, is part of the muridae family, which also includes rats, voles and field mice.
- Habitat: The grey mouse is the most common mouse found in Canada. It is found in every city in Quebec and Ontario. Its cousin, the deer mouse, is more common in the countryside. Other breeds of mice live in Canada, but are less abundant (harvest mice, Sitka mice, white-footed mice).
- Characteristics: It can be identified by its brown or grey coat with white belly and legs. Its body is up to 10 cm long, as is the tail. It weighs between 20 and 50 g.
- Sociability: This pest is a social rodent. If you only find one mouse in your house, it means it has strayed… or you still haven’t discovered its nest.
- Gestation: The mouse’s reproduction rate is quite high as it gives birth to about 5 to 12 mice four to eight times per year. Since they live an average of 2 to 3 years, a colony of mice can quickly establish itself in your home and give you a hard time.
- Diet: The mouse is granivorous and omnivorous and therefore feeds mainly on grains and seeds, vegetables and fruit.
- Health risks: Mice carry pathogens and diseases, including hantavirus, meningitis, tapeworm and Lyme disease.
Signs of mice in your house
When small rodents barge into a house, homeowners can quickly notice that something is wrong. Noises in the walls or ceiling at night are a good clue. Here are the main signs of mice:
- Vibrating pipes
- Drum-like noises
You can also find signs of damage left by mice in the early morning:
- Objects gouged with chew marks, such as power cables
- Gnawed-open food packaging
- Mouse poop (which looks like black grains of rice) along the floor near walls and under the kitchen sink
- Suspicious smells in the house
If there are no easily visible traces, but night-time noises continue to fuel your suspicions, there are some places you should check first:
- Behind your stove
- Behind your fridge
- In your cold room or pantry
If this is the case, you should act as quickly as possible to stop them from settling.
How to get rid of mice
Once you’re sure you’ve got mice, you need to act quickly to prevent the infestation from progressing any further. Repellents and mouse traps can be useful to get rid of mice.
However, as professionals, we recommend taking every precaution with these devices. Some of them can even be dangerous if not handled properly.
In the case of a large infestation, these measures may not work. With the help of our mouse exterminators, you can rely on experienced professionals with advanced equipment (infrared camera, bait traps, etc.) for pest control.
After thoroughly examining the premises and identifying the paths taken by the mice, we set up capture devices in strategic locations to get rid of them.
Our exterminators have one goal: to find the permanent solution to your mouse problem by caulking all the holes and cracks that could serve as entry points and recommending the most suitable prevention plan.
Need help getting rid of mice?
Decontaminating the premises after a mouse infestation
We often recommend that our clients decontaminate the areas hit by a mouse infestation. Damage to insulation materials, residues from excrement and urine or contaminated foodstuffs make it crucial to decontaminate your building.
At Elite Pest Control, we offer a pest decontamination service to guarantee the safety of your home, even after a mouse infestation.
Thanks to our licence issued by the Régie du bâtiment du Québec, we can perform all caulking work for you and decontaminate the premises to protect you from health risks caused by mice.
Mouse exterminators at your service in Quebec
Let us help you sanitize the premises to give you peace of mind once and for all. After inspecting the affected areas and determining the extent of the infestation, we will use the right methods to exterminate mice once and for all.
Whatever your situation, contact us if you need mouse control. We will gladly answer your questions and get rid of the rodents that have taken up residence in your home.